Friday, December 2, 2011

35 weeks

35 weeks/35 days left!

How big is baby: about 5.25 pounds and 18 inches long
Weight gain/loss: +28 total
Pregnancy symptoms: Hand numbness, inability to hoist myself off of the couch
Maternity clothes: Yep. So ready to be able to wear normal clothes again . . . but I know I'll still be in them after the baby is born for a few weeks at least :(
Stretch Marks: Same.
Sleep: Sucks. I think Kyle has officially moved into the guest bedroom - between my snoring, tossing and turning, and getting up several times a night, he has had enough! :)
Best moment this week: Seeing what I think was a little foot poking out just below my rib! It was so cute - and at the same time, it was pretty weird how far out it was stretching my stomach.
Movement: Still lots of movement, and I'm feeling more kicks to the bladder that kind of hurt. But I'm not quite sure if those are the baby, or if they are ligaments or something stretching.
Food cravings: Chocolate. I ate an embarrassing amount of Oreos this week.
Food aversions: Nothing new. It's pretty difficult for me to eat very much in one sitting, but I still want to eat ALL THE TIME.
Labor signs: I don't want to get graphic, but there are some very early labor signs going on. Nothing to get excited about yet, but I have a suspicion that this kid is going to come a little early.
Belly button in or out: Same.
What I miss: My wedding ring - I have the fattest fingers EVER!
What I am looking forward to: Doctor's appointment next week - hopefully we'll find out if she is head-down, and I am anxious to make sure everything is progressing smoothly. It's been a month since my last appointment, so I'm looking forward to going in again.
On the to-do list: Find a pediatrician (yeah, probably should have done this already), install the car seat, pack hospital bag.
Milestones: Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo, the final stretch...literally! I know of these unmentionables of which you speak, and I imagine she'll come early too. Those "kicks" to the bladder may be headbutts, that's what Kenley did to me. Once you start your weekly appts you'll probably have a better idea of your progress. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you're almost done! And you poor thing, you sound so uncomfortable! Can't wait to see pics of the little one when she comes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaymi - this made me realize that I am kind of complaining a lot, which I have been trying hard to avoid! The truth is, I am uncomfortable, but I think this has been a really easy pregnancy, and the things I'm whining about are really minor. It's just a really strange experience, and I will be happy to be back to my old self in a few months! I will try to curtail my complaining - the good parts of prgnancy FAR outweigh the bad parts :) Miss you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you, Sweetie! Hang in there! Love, Mom!

    ReplyDelete