Tuesday, December 6, 2011

35.5 weeks - doctor's appointment

We saw the doctor today, and all good news! I didn't know that we were going to have an ultrasound, but surprise, we did! The doctor warned us before she started that we wouldn't be able to see much of anything since she's so big right now, so we could only see parts of her at a time. The main thing the doctor wanted to check was her position, and it looks like she is head-down, which is great! I was nervous about that - I didn't want to hear that she was breech or anything. But she's head down, has a strong heartbeat, and we got to see her practicing breathing, which was pretty cool. Then the doctor checked me, and she said that the head is still pretty high. I'm not dilated, but about 20% effaced, which means that everything is just as it should be. No indications that she will come early - everything is just about normal!
My next appointment is in two weeks, so we'll see how things have progressed by then.

Afterwards, I managed to convince Kyle to get a flu shot, since we were right in the building . . . that was fun. He hates needles. And doctors. And hospitals. But I told him he had to do it for the baby, so he did. Good dad.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! You'll know when she drops, because it will feel like you have to pee every 5 mins. For real! So excited for you. The next few weeks are going to fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All sounds good! And good for you, Kyle, too! Not fun, but at least it's over with. Love you guys! Mom

    ReplyDelete