Friday, December 16, 2011

37 weeks - FULL TERM!!!

Yay, we made it to full term!
Alright, now let's get this show on the road. Time to come out, little lady! I am ready, your daddy is ready, the nursery is ready, bags are packed, carseat is installed, and I CANNOT get any bigger! Let's do this!

How big is baby: The size of a WATERMELON! Thebump.com says anywhere between 6 and 9 pounds, and babycenter.com says 6.5 pounds. I'll ask at the next appointment, but I'm guessing she is somewhere in the 14 pound range :)
Weight gain/loss: +33 total
Pregnancy symptoms: Creaky pelvis. (HA! Gross.) Either the relaxin is kicking in, or my pelvic and hip bones are getting sore from having a baby sitting on them! And I am REALLY slow at everything - walking to my car, getting up from the couch, trying to put pants on - my general pace of everyday life has slowed drastically.
Maternity clothes: Obviously.
Stretch Marks: same
Sleep: The snoring has gotten completely out of control. See previous post re. cat noises.
Best moment this week: Finding out that Hadley's tumor was stage 2, which means that it only has a 10-15% chance of returning, and it's all out of her body now! Glad that's over.
Movement: There is a foot/elbow/knee constantly wedged in my right rib these days. And I'm feeling some different movement much lower - I think it might be her shoulders bumping around.
Food cravings: Not much, though I have eaten an inexcusable amount of Christmas cookies this week.
Food aversions: I can't really eat much at one sitting anymore. 
Labor signs: More Braxton Hicks contractions, and they are getting stronger. I've had a couple wake me up at night that are crampy and kind of hurt, and they make me think I'm going into labor. But I'm not.
Belly button in or out: Same.
What I miss: My normal energy level.
What I am looking forward to: Giving birth! Is it weird to say that I am actually looking forward to the labor and delivery process? I know it sounds kind of crazy . . . but I also do other insane things like go to graduate school or run thirteen miles voluntarily. I enjoy really, really hard challenges. And there's a part of me that is looking at labor and birth as one of those things - it's going to be painful and long and really difficult, but it's something that I have never experienced before, and I am looking forward to going through the process. Besides, I get an awesome prize: meeting my daughter at the end!
On the to-do list: NOTHING besides sleep and keeping my feet up as much as possible!
Milestones: Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though.) Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! You are almost there. You sound alot like me when I was nearing the end. Kenley constantly had her foot up in my rib towards the end, and it was very comfortable. It won't be long now. Just remember, if you have to Google if your water broke, you should just go into the hospital! I described my experience in my blog if you want to check it out (all the way back from last January.) Can't wait to hear that you are in labor. Make sure Kyle sends us a text or something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I meant her foot was very UNcomfortable!

    ReplyDelete