So, Hadley has had a lump on her side for the past several months. It never bothers her when we touch it, so we figured it was just a fat deposit or something. Our friends' dog has had these, and they are never anything serious. So we didn't do anything about it. Yesterday we finally got her to the vet for a checkup, and they took a little sample of the lump, and it turns out it is a Mast Cell Tumor, and it's cancerous. I guess this is a fairly common thing for this breed of dog, and if they can remove it completely, she should be fine. We are going in on Monday for a consultation with an oncologist, and I'm guessing she will have to have surgery sometime next week.
You can kind of see the lump sticking out from her side, at the bottom of her ribcage.
Meanwhile, Hadley is acting normal as usual - she has no clue what's going on of course; it's her parents who are now worried sick about her! Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well.
Poor Hadley!!!! We will be thinking of her and hoping that the vet gets the whole tumor out. Dixie actually has a lump on her side too, I need to get it checked out because it doesn't move like her other lumps.
ReplyDeleteAh geeze! Poor Hadley. I hope the surgery goes well. Love that dog. I'll be thinking of her.
ReplyDelete