Anyways, here's a project I have been thinking about for a while now: a jewelry frame to hang up some of my necklaces and things. I have a jewelry box, but it's crammed full. Plus, this is a pretty way to display what I have. I was inspired by this image that was originally in a magazine called Blueprint:
They used an old box or wine crate or something. I didn't have anything like that, and I wanted something a little bigger. And then I remembered I had these wooden frames from IKEA that were supposed to be used to create fabric wall hangings. I had never used them, so I painted them white and bought a piece of plywood for the back. I found the paper at World Market, and used spray adhesive to glue it to the plywood.
Then I nailed the whole thing together (which was a gigantic pain in the arse - I almost threw the whole thing away, but Kyle helped finish it), and bought hooks from Home Depot to hang everything on. Here's the finished project:





Very cool, Kristy! I've seen people do this directly on their walls. Yours is portable, a much better idea. (Don't drop anything into that radiator!) Love you, Mom
ReplyDeletelook at you, 37 weeks pregnant and doing DIY projects! When I saw a new blow post I thought you were gonna say you had the baby! :)
ReplyDeleteJaymi- you don't know how badly I wish it was a baby post! :)
ReplyDelete