Friday, December 9, 2011

36 weeks

I am 9 months pregnant today! I sure feel like it . . . and look like it :)
How big is baby: almost 6 pounds
Weight gain/loss: +32 . . . bit of a jump this week! Let's hope that's the last of it. I am not looking forward to trying to lose all this weight, even though I know it's supposed to take a bit of time and breastfeeding will help. I got all excited looking at heart rate monitors and running shoes last night.
Pregnancy symptoms: The usual, plus I think I had heartburn for the first time in my life last night. I think I'll steer clear of the Sriracha sauce for a little while. And I got a crazy leg cramp in the middle of the night - that was new!
Maternity clothes: Yep. I'm really tempted to wear sweatpants to work today . . . 
Stretch Marks: Same - and I think the ones I have are starting to fade. Hooray for Palmer's lotion!
Sleep: Same - it's getting pretty difficult to turn over
Best moment this week: Coming home the other day to a really great surprise - Kyle brought home a Christmas tree! It's definitely the biggest one we have ever had. We just got the lights on - now we just need to finish decorating it. I love that our house smells like Christmas!
Movement: Still lots, and I was right in thinking that I am getting head-butted in the bladder, since she's head-down now. 
Food cravings: Sugar in pretty much any form. And yesterday it was spicy food, but I'm over that now!
Food aversions: Same as last week - still can't eat much in one sitting.
Labor signs: A few strong Braxton Hicks contractions.
Belly button in or out: Same.
What I miss: Not much; things are going well!
What I am looking forward to: A full-term baby next week! Yikes, she could come anytime! And looking forward to a fun weekend - making Christmas cookies, going out for brunch, decorating the tree, and hopefully some much-needed naps.
On the to-do list: Install the car seat (currently there is a foosball table in the car, so that needs to be taken out first!), finish packing hospital bag, address the baby announcement envelopes.
Milestones: Your due date is just four weeks away. Hasn’t time flown? Your once-poppy seed would probably be able to breathe on his own if he was born right now. (If not, he’d probably need some TLC, but he’d likely be okay.) Most of his systems are in working order at 36 weeks. Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day.  She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. 
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. 

4 comments:

  1. Kristy I'm so excited for the little one to come! Do you have a name picked out?? I can't believe she can come any day now, so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaymi - we do have a name picked out, but we're not telling anyone until she's here so it will be a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartburn usually means relaxin (sp?) is kicking in. Are your hips pinching worse than usual? Make sure you're wearing shoes with real good support right now. Love ya!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Full-term!!! I just got teary eyed!!! :)

    ReplyDelete