Walking into the room
Changing table (a.k.a. our old dresser). I made the mobile, the changing pad cover, and the lampshade.
Our old couch - the price was right! I made the pillows, curtains, and the birdhouse lamp (Kyle helped). Quilt on back of the couch is handmade by my friend Steph!
Detail of the prints - all 3 are from etsy.
I made the sunshine print, and had it printed at our campus copy shop for 54 cents. When we were arriving at the 20-week appointment when we found out she is a girl, "My Girl" came on the radio as we were pulling into the parking lot.
I made this basket. Check out the purple Converse!
Birds in the window - from London!
Mobile above the crib
This is hilarious: that thing attached to the corner of the crib is a video monitor that Casey and Justin lent us. I went into the nursery one day and found the owl sitting there just like this. I think Kyle had been practicing . . .
That's about it! I'll do another post about all the DIY projects. It has been so much fun putting everything together. There's only one more thing that will go in the room (well, besides a baby): Her name will go above the sofa after she's born. I'm really happy with how everything turns out, and our kid will have no problems being stimulated with colors!







It looks so wonderful! All the hard work you put in really paid off. So excited for you and Kyle. :)
ReplyDelete-Eileen
so cute!! I love the mobile you made! And I love the mural and the little colored leaves on the tree! You did such a good job, it's so cute!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou guys rock! Looks so good for your little _________ (nameless child?) haha! Really, not even a clue on who our new mini chica will be? We love and miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteWow, I hadn't seen this yet!!!! Looks soo awesome! You should submit to a magazine contest.
ReplyDelete