Wednesday, October 12, 2011

feeling the love!

Finally getting to a post about the baby shower! It was a great day - Liz and my mom hosted the shower at our house, since we finally have the room to have larger parties. They worked so hard, baking and cooking for pretty much two days straight, while Kyle's mom and sister helped out:


Everyone chowing down on delicious food! I forgot to take a photo of the table of food, but it was pretty impressive, to say the least.

Aunt Liz!

I got TONS of wonderful gifts, and felt completely spoiled. 

Me thinking: holy crap, this is SMALL!


Gretchen helped me open some gifts - I think she had fun. And I wish I got a picture of this, but Keely (my friend's one-year-old daughter) came toddling over to the gifts, picked out a little dress, and walked away with it! I thought she'd go for a toy or something, but no - she wanted the clothes :)

And after the party . . . we were all tired! 
Except Hadley. Check out the tongue, going straight for my popsicle.

All in all, it was a really wonderful, laid-back party. No games or anything - we all just chatted, and ate, and relaxed, and ate some more . . . I'm still stunned by everyone's generosity and love for this baby. It felt awesome to know that she will have such an amazing group of people surrounding her with love and good wishes right from the start!




2 comments:

  1. Awww. Glad it went so well and still bummed that I couldn't be there, but you were (and still are) in my thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Love this. It was a pleasure to put on for you :) Much Love! - Liz

    ReplyDelete