Friday, October 7, 2011

27 weeks


How big is baby: Almost 2 pounds, 14 inches long.
Weight gain/loss: I'm at +18 from pre-pregnancy - I'm creeping up to the high end of the weight gain chart. Time to cut back on the milkshakes . . . I don't want this baby to get too big and make labor even more difficult than it's going to be already!
Pregnancy symptoms: After the hospital trip on Tuesday night, I think I may have had a few Braxton Hicks contractions over the past couple of weeks, but I'm still not sure. And now I'm getting paranoid whenever I feel what might be a contraction - it's making labor seem a LOT closer than I am comfortable with. I have this fear that the baby is going to come early, and I'm just not ready yet!
Maternity clothes: Um, growing out of a couple of maternity shirts! I bought some shirts at Gap Maternity early on, and they are now just a little too short . . . I think they were made wrong if they are too short on me. Either that, or my belly is disproportionately large.
Stretch Marks: Same.
Sleep: I've had a knot/weird numb spot on my back for weeks now, and it's making sleep even more uncomfortable. I finally laid on an ice pack last night to numb it, and that seemed to help.
Best moment this week: Baby hiccups yesterday! At least I think that's what was going on. At first I thought it was kicking, but it was very rhythmic and in the same spot several times over and over for a few minutes. From how it feels, the hiccups shake her whole body!
Movement: All the time, as usual.
Food cravings: Trying to replace the milkshake craving with fruit. Kyle got me frozen fruit bars, and they seem to be doing the trick
Food aversions: Nothing new
Labor signs: None
Belly button in or out: Remember the Snorks? I think my belly button looks a little like those snorkel/antenna things on top of their heads.
ok, maybe not quite this bad . . . 

What I miss: Sleeping on my back
What I am looking forward to: Our 3-year wedding anniversary is coming up next week, and Kyle and I are going to treat ourselves to a nice dinner.
On the to-do list (new feature, because I'm crazy): Decide on curtain fabric for the nursery, write thank-you notes for shower gifts.
Milestones:  This week, your baby is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

3 comments:

  1. lol on the snorks picture! haha. glad you're feeling better. I wish I was in colorado so I could take cute maternity pics of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a while to figure out what Braxton Hicks felt like, but here is how I can best describe them. It basically feels like your belly tightening. Your stomach will get very hard for a couple minutes, then relax again. So your skin may feel super stretched. They don't hurt at all, but just feels weird, like a muscle flexing.

    Trust me, you will know when the real contractions hit. Everyone kept saying that to me, but I wasn't sure, until I was on the way to the hospital and having hard contractions. WAY different than Braxton Hicks.

    I had Kenley at 38 weeks...so even if she comes early, you still have a bit of time. Soak it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not enough baby bump photos. Please upload some pronto.

    ReplyDelete