How big is baby: 2.5 pounds, and about 15 inches long - she's moved up to a squash.
Weight gain/loss: I'm at +19 from pre-pregnancy, so it looks like I've slowed down a little for a couple weeks at least, thank goodness! The milkshake correlation might be correct . . . I've only had one in the past two weeks.
Pregnancy symptoms: My stomach feels really tight. And I am SUPER tired again!
Maternity clothes: yep
Stretch Marks: Same.
Sleep: Bad. I got a massage, but the knot in my back is still there and still keeping me up at night.
Best moment this week: This morning, "My Girl" came on the radio - that was the song we heard in the car just before we went in to our ultrasound appointment and found out the baby is a girl. So today, I started crying in the middle of I-25 while Kyle laughed at me. I was just really excited and happy. I'm feeling pretty sappy today.
Movement: The same - crazy as usual. She keeps wedging herself against my ribs, which is just awkward and uncomfortable.
Food cravings: I've been avoiding the milkshakes pretty well, but yesterday I was taking a bus down 16th St, and I passed a Smashburger and immediately got off at the next stop. They have Haagen-Dazs milkshakes. It was like my body was being controlled from some alien force - I didn't even think twice about it, I just got right off the bus and ordered my chocolate milkshake. So worth it. While fruit popsicles have been taking the edge off, I still really only want to have a milkshake. I would have them for lunch and dinner if I wouldn't gain a thousand pounds.
Food aversions: Nothing has been sounding good for dinner lately - I'm just not very interested in thinking about a full meal. But this doesn't mean that I'm not hungry - it's just that nothing sounds all that great.
Labor signs: None
Belly button in or out: Same.
What I miss: Not much right now - I'm pretty content with how things are progressing!
What I am looking forward to: Starting baby classes at the hospital next week. I think they will make this whole thing even more real, and help me feel more prepared for labor and delivery.
On the to-do list: Make a mobile and a couple of other things for the nursery, order prints for the wall. Oh, and buy a car! We decided that it's time to become a 2-car family once again - we have made it for 3.5 years with one car, but adding a daycare stop onto our daily route is just going to be too much with one car. Plus, I don't like the idea of either of us being stuck with a baby and no car somewhere. So, we're going shopping tomorrow!
Milestones: Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.
Milestones: Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.

No comments:
Post a Comment