Monday, September 26, 2011

ATTACK OF THE SAUSAGE FINGERS!!


Oh, THIS is what all the books meant when they talked about retaining water. I feel like a saturates sponge. If you squeeze me, water might come out of my pores. I woke up for my usual 4:30 am pee this morning, and my hands felt so swollen I couldn't make a fist if I tried. My wedding ring was stuck, but I finally managed to pry it off. And when I was getting ready for work, I felt so weird about not having a ring on. What if someone thought I was pregnant AND single? Horror of all horrors. Anyways, here is the ring I am wearing today:

It's a brass ring with a bird on it that I got for fourteen dollars. So now people will think that I'm married, and I just have quirky taste in wedding rings.

And while I was putting my makeup on in the car on the way to work (don't worry - Kyle was driving), I noticed that my wrinkles seem to be smaller than usual. Which was great, until I made the connection that it's because my face has also suffered from the water attack. The bloat is everywhere, people! I don't have fewer wrinkles, it's just that my face is so puffy that the wrinkles have been smoothed out like overstuffed sausage casing. Here is how my face feels:
Happy Monday!




3 comments:

  1. Yikes! I heard at the yoga workshop last weekend that drinking apple cider vinegar (diluted in water or tea) can help with flushing the water retention. LOVE the nursery, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I didn't put my work-out shoes on 1st thing in the morning, I couldn't get them on. On the plus side - the baby is well buffered in fluid! :-) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You still look great, Kristy! Hang in there:)

    ReplyDelete