How big is baby: A pound and a half - 14 inches long.
Weight gain/loss: +1, so I think I'm at +17 total. Kind of crazy to think about - it sounds like a LOT of weight, but I'm still on track for a healthy range. It's just a staggering number when I look at it!
Weight gain/loss: +1, so I think I'm at +17 total. Kind of crazy to think about - it sounds like a LOT of weight, but I'm still on track for a healthy range. It's just a staggering number when I look at it!
Pregnancy symptoms: Swollen everything, super sleepy, sore back, trouble sleeping.
Maternity clothes: Yes.
Stretch Marks: Same.
Sleep: Last night I had a dream that I had twin girl babies - and each was about the size of a Twix bar. They were like little dolls. On the second day after they were born, one opened her eyes, looked at me, and said, "I pooped." I said, "You can TALK?!" And she just stared at me.
Best moment this week: Being able to spend time with all the family visiting this week!
Movement: Lots, and all the time. A couple of days ago, Kyle was feeling some particularly acrobatic choreography going on in my belly, and he said that he was pretty sure most other babies don't kick this much. I had to remind him that he probably only catches 5-10% of the movements. I do think that this baby is moving much more than a normal baby (though I don't really have any idea of what "normal" is).
Food cravings: Milkshakes still.
Food aversions: Nothing new
Labor signs: None
Belly button in or out: Still a halfie. It just looks weird.
What I miss: Being able to keep up my usual activities. We painted our bedroom this week, and my back was absolutely killing me to the point I could barely move. I have finally realized that I can't keep pushing myself this hard. Kyle says I'm too focused on getting everything DONE all the time, and he's right - I just can't do it all anymore. Which might actually be a good thing - I have been trying to get used to the idea that I will have to let some things go if I want to remain sane.
What I am looking forward to: The baby shower tomorrow!
Milestones: The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel.
![]() |
| Baby's getting crowded in there! |

I said to a friend once, "I'm never going to catch up on my work!"
ReplyDeleteHer response was, "Isn't that a liberating thought?"
Had a great time this weekend! Thanks!
Love you, Mom