How big is baby: around 11 inches - the length of a papaya. I think she's a papaya for the next couple of weeks.
Weight gain/loss: I'm up 15 pounds total from pre-pregnancy weight.
Pregnancy symptoms: Yesterday, I was talking to someone who didn't know I was pregnant. He kept glancing at my belly, and then finally said, "sooo..... when are you due?" At least I am out of the danger zone where people can't tell if it's a baby or not!
Maternity clothes: yep
Stretch Marks: No new ones at least.
Sleep: Not getting enough. I'm tired. The baby is already waking me up at night! She is getting really strong and big, and likes to go crazy kicking right as I'm about to drift off to sleep.
Best moment this week: 1. Starting a new job - I am now the Assistant to the Director of the Gender and Women's Studies Department at DU. Hooray for health insurance! Before this, it was going to cost us about as much as a small car to have this baby - I am not exaggerating. But now, I could stay in the hospital for a month, and I know exactly how much it will cost, and it's barely anything. Now we can start saving for college further run up our credit cards buying stuff for this kid. Only downside: I now have to find a new ob/gyn. Not the ideal time to do this AT ALL.
2. Last night, Kyle and I watched in fascination as my stomach MOVED all over the place. Yep, we can now both see the kicks. At one point, my belly button seemed to be migrating as she rolled past it. It was kind of like the scene in The Matrix where Neo has that scorpion bug thing in his stomach, and you can see it moving under his skin as they try to find it. Very strange - I'm feeling it all the time, but watching it is super weird too.
Movement: Yep - see above. Also, I'm just starting to feel somewhat uncomfortable. I think she's starting to outgrow her space and keeps pushing on my abdomen, especially when I am walking. It feels really weird. It doesn't hurt, it just feels awkward. And just this week she's started sitting on my bladder all the time!
Weight gain/loss: I'm up 15 pounds total from pre-pregnancy weight.
Pregnancy symptoms: Yesterday, I was talking to someone who didn't know I was pregnant. He kept glancing at my belly, and then finally said, "sooo..... when are you due?" At least I am out of the danger zone where people can't tell if it's a baby or not!
Maternity clothes: yep
Stretch Marks: No new ones at least.
Sleep: Not getting enough. I'm tired. The baby is already waking me up at night! She is getting really strong and big, and likes to go crazy kicking right as I'm about to drift off to sleep.
Best moment this week: 1. Starting a new job - I am now the Assistant to the Director of the Gender and Women's Studies Department at DU. Hooray for health insurance! Before this, it was going to cost us about as much as a small car to have this baby - I am not exaggerating. But now, I could stay in the hospital for a month, and I know exactly how much it will cost, and it's barely anything. Now we can start saving for college further run up our credit cards buying stuff for this kid. Only downside: I now have to find a new ob/gyn. Not the ideal time to do this AT ALL.
2. Last night, Kyle and I watched in fascination as my stomach MOVED all over the place. Yep, we can now both see the kicks. At one point, my belly button seemed to be migrating as she rolled past it. It was kind of like the scene in The Matrix where Neo has that scorpion bug thing in his stomach, and you can see it moving under his skin as they try to find it. Very strange - I'm feeling it all the time, but watching it is super weird too.
Movement: Yep - see above. Also, I'm just starting to feel somewhat uncomfortable. I think she's starting to outgrow her space and keeps pushing on my abdomen, especially when I am walking. It feels really weird. It doesn't hurt, it just feels awkward. And just this week she's started sitting on my bladder all the time!
Food cravings: the usual.
Food aversions: nothing new.
Food aversions: nothing new.
Labor signs: None.
Belly button in or out: Still both. It's gross.
What I miss: Eating food on the couch - it's difficult to bend over the coffee table and eat. The stomach is in the way.
What I am looking forward to: Finishing painting, and starting to get some of the smaller details for the baby's room. I painted it white, and Kyle now is in charge of a project for one of the walls. I'll post pictures as soon as we have made more progress.
Milestones: Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. You may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.
What I miss: Eating food on the couch - it's difficult to bend over the coffee table and eat. The stomach is in the way.
What I am looking forward to: Finishing painting, and starting to get some of the smaller details for the baby's room. I painted it white, and Kyle now is in charge of a project for one of the walls. I'll post pictures as soon as we have made more progress.
Milestones: Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. You may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.
![]() |
| Parents? Hmmm.... |

Congrats on the job! That's awesome.
ReplyDeleteI loved watching my tummy move. Kenley was always active in the evening. It's such a weird sensation, but so nice to have that reassurance that she's doing well! And the bladder thing just gets worse. I actually have had to pee 3 times in a store that we were in for about 20 mins. It's pretty ridiculous. This is going to sound silly, but try lifting your belly up a bit while going...it kinda helps get it all out! haha...TMI but helpful! :)
Yay, you got the job!!! I remember talking about this when I was visiting. Such good timing!!! Love you.
ReplyDelete