Friday, September 23, 2011

25 weeks

How big is baby: Just over a foot long. We've moved up to an eggplant.
Weight gain/loss: +1 this week, so +16 total.
Pregnancy symptoms: Trouble sleeping, tiredness, forgetfulness, continuing milkshake addiction. And I have suddenly lost all control over my emotions: I cried this morning on the way to work for no reason, and I almost cried during a computer training session (managed to hold that one in, thankfully). I'm sure the lack of sleep isn't helping, but seriously, today has been ridiculous. If you've seen the new episode of the Office from last night, remember how Pam was acting the whole time? Well, that's me today.
Maternity clothes: I think it's time to go buy a jacket for the winter - the mornings are getting a little chilly!
Stretch Marks: same
Sleep: SO tired, and sleeping like crap. The baby wakes me up a lot at night. I guess this is practice for . . . well, the next several years of my life.
Best moment this week: Seeing the finished mural in the baby's room! Kyle did an amazing job, and I'll post pictures after I take a nap.
Movement: All the time!
Food cravings: Milkshakes. I just figured out where I can get milkshakes on my campus . . . dangerous.
Food aversions: nothing new.
Labor signs: None. 
Belly button in or out: Still both.
What I am looking forward to: I was thinking about this today: I can't wait to see the baby yawn. I love newborns yawning.
Milestones: Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture. Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.

 



1 comment:

  1. 25 weeks down!!! In less than 15 weeks, you'll be able to hold your beautiful baby girl!!! Thinking of you often, Kristy:)

    ReplyDelete