How big is baby: just over a pound, and about a foot long! Babycenter.com still says papaya, but I say . . . FOOT LONG HOT DOG!
Weight gain/loss: +0 this week, so still at +15 from pre-pregnancy weight. I'm starting to think there is a direct correlation between milkshakes and weight gain - I didn't have any this week.
Weight gain/loss: +0 this week, so still at +15 from pre-pregnancy weight. I'm starting to think there is a direct correlation between milkshakes and weight gain - I didn't have any this week.
Pregnancy symptoms: Expanding belly, and starting to get uncomfortable. My stomach is pulling on my back and making me feel like I'm waddling and wearing a sign that screams "Wide Load!"
Maternity clothes: yep
Stretch Marks: No new ones at least.
Sleep: Yes please. I can tell that I'm nearing the end of the second trimester - I am MUCH more tired all the time than I was even a couple weeks ago.
Best moment this week: Hiking with Liz over the weekend at Roxborough Park. It was about 80 degrees and gorgeous, and it felt great to get outside and do something.
Sleep: Yes please. I can tell that I'm nearing the end of the second trimester - I am MUCH more tired all the time than I was even a couple weeks ago.
Best moment this week: Hiking with Liz over the weekend at Roxborough Park. It was about 80 degrees and gorgeous, and it felt great to get outside and do something.
Movement: Lots and lots of movement. If I'm slouching, she can kick the bottom of my ribs!
Food cravings: nothing
Food aversions: nothing new.
Labor signs: None. I keep reading about Braxton Hicks contractions, which are basically warm-up contractions that prep my body for labor - some people get them this early. None for me, though. Which is probably a good thing, since it might really freak me out!
Belly button in or out: Still both. Still disturbing.
What I am looking forward to: A relaxing weekend. I need sleep. Might work on a few house projects, but I just need to rest.
Milestones: Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long, she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
| Look at my new cool sunglasses from my awesome husband! |
![]() |
| They were so close - they walked right past the car as we drove into the park. |
![]() |
| Here you go, Finkle! |


The pictures are gorgeous! (so is the scenery)
ReplyDeleteMom
Looking great, Kristy!
ReplyDeleteYaaaay! Had so much fun with you and can't wait to go on adventures with my niece :) Love Liz
ReplyDeleteYou both look adorable! Nice sunglasses by the way! Glad all is going smoothly and cannot wait to see you! Love Dana
ReplyDelete