Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I just did a horrible thing . . .

I get regular emails from babycenter.com, and the one in my inbox today was called "What your belly will look like after pregnancy." Now, why in the HELL would they send this out to first-time moms, who are freaked out enough as it is?!

So of course I looked. I suppose I could have done the right thing and just deleted it, but noooo, I had to look. And, lucky me, in addition to the article there is a whole photo gallery of images of post-baby bellies . . . which do NOT look cute once there is no baby inside! I know I'm not supposed to be worried about this, and all I should be thinking about is the precious baby, but let's be honest here. It's already weird enough seeing my body slowly morph into a large blob. But now they want me to read about how I will never be able to wear a bikini again? I'm pretty sure I have been forgetting one more new baby expense: a personal trainer and a gym membership. I will have to do pilates seven days a week in between nursing and sleeping, apparently. I will spare you all images, but if you want to lose your appetite, go ahead and look at the website for yourselves. It's a real treat. Speaking of treats, I think those images just took care of my Dairy Queen craving for the day. Yikes.

FYI, I know I've been slacking on the posts - our internet is only working about 5 minutes a day at home. It should be fixed on Friday, and I'll have a whole slew of posts coming down the pipeline!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry! As long as you don't gain super fast and alot along the way you'll be fine. The weirdest part is going from a big,round, very firm belly to a jello-y flatter stomach. But 6 months later, mine is pretty much back to normal. No trainer necessary! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll be fine Kristy, you are so tiny as is, I'm sure you'll be back to yourself in no time. And yeah, look at Kristin, she got back to normal almost immediately!!

    btw, if you get an email asking you o view a video of childbirth, I would go ahead and delete it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete