How big is baby: the size of a lemon. Apparently they mean a big lemon, because last week was a peach.
Weight gain/loss: about a pound or two. but apparently I am supposed to start gaining a pound a week - if my recent eating habits are any indication, this shouldn't be a problem.
Pregnancy symptoms: I asked Kyle to take me out for lunch today, but he was on the other side of the city. I almost cried when he said no. Does that count as a pregnancy symptom? :)
Maternity clothes: Not quite yet . . . but buying a belly band is on my to-do list this weekend. I'm down to my last pair of jeans, and have no nice pants that fit. For those of you who don't know, they make these special waistbands that you wear over your regular pants, so you can wear them unbuttoned and unzipped. We'll see if it works or if my pants fall down in public.
Sleep: sleeping ok, but I woke up screaming last night. I don't remember the dream or what was going on, but it must have scared me! I've been having weird baby dreams too - I don't remember them, but I just wake up remembering strange babies.
Food cravings: EVERYTHING. All of a sudden this week, I have been eating SO MUCH! I am constantly hungry - I even wake up hungry in the middle of the night.
Food aversions: I can't think of anything. Still don't want pizza.
What I miss: sharing a bottle of champagne with Kyle. Now he has to drink it all by himself while I drink lemonade.
Best moment this week: Realizing that I can actually see and feel a real bump when I'm laying flat on my back. It's still pretty small, but definitely not just a spare tire anymore. I'll post a new picture soon.
What I am looking forward to: Visitors in the next few weeks! My dad, my mom, and my friend Kristin are all coming to visit soon, and I can't wait!
Milestones: The baby can pee! Which I don't want to think too hard about, because I also know it's breathing in there . . . gross. Anyways, it can also suck its thumb and grasp with its fist.
Yes, that counts as a pregnancy symptom. Also, I wouldn't recommend watching Bambi anytime soon. Oh, and stay away from The Last Starfighter...:)
ReplyDeleteI think the fruit sizes have more to do with length than actual size. So the lemon wins out with those little knobs at each end!
ReplyDeleteYou've barely gained anything..so I think you are A OK to eat whatever you like. I still wake up hungry in the middle of the night!
I'm so excited that your baby can pee this week!! How exciting:)!!! Haha... Anyway, I love reading your blog. I used to keep a daily journal, and your amazing writing makes me want to do it again.
ReplyDelete