How big is baby: the size of a naval orange!
Weight gain/loss: +3 from pre-pregnant weight. Eating everything in sight this past week has worked its magic.
Pregnancy symptoms: Fat face. I no longer have visible cheekbones. But my wrinkles are also less visible, so that's a bonus, I guess. And the bump is definitely growing - people are starting to notice. I'll post a photo soon, I swear.
Maternity clothes: Oh HELL yes! Just received a box of maternity clothes from Kristin in the mail, and will be living in maternity jeans from now on. They are amazing. And I finally bought a belly band so I can wear non-pregnant clothes for a while longer.
Sleep: Still so sleepy. All the books say things like, "Now that your energy is back, you should buy baby furniture/clean your house/see your friends again/go shopping." Yeah right. Yesterday, I went to sleep at 6pm, woke up at 9, ate dinner, and was back in bed by 10:15. The books are all lies.
Also, I had my craziest dream yet. I had a kangaroo pouch and I could peek in and see the baby, who looked annoyed that I kept waking it up to check on it.
Food cravings: Whatever I can get my hands on. Fruit is delicious. So are brownies, yogurt, tomato soup, greek salad, mac and cheese.....
Food aversions: I wish I wanted veggies. I have a whole drawer full in my fridge, but they just don't look appetizing. Someone needs to send me some good veggie recipes so I can try something new :)
Also, I had my craziest dream yet. I had a kangaroo pouch and I could peek in and see the baby, who looked annoyed that I kept waking it up to check on it.
Food cravings: Whatever I can get my hands on. Fruit is delicious. So are brownies, yogurt, tomato soup, greek salad, mac and cheese.....
Food aversions: I wish I wanted veggies. I have a whole drawer full in my fridge, but they just don't look appetizing. Someone needs to send me some good veggie recipes so I can try something new :)
What I miss: My energy.
Best moment this week: For me, probably the discovery of maternity pants. Also, Kyle figured out how to install a dryer vent in the basement - he is such a handyman these days. I think he's pretty proud of himself.
What I am looking forward to: This weekend - a neighborhood party, a mountain hike and a movie are all on the cards. It will be good to set aside the projects and get out of the house for once.
Milestones: The baby's legs are finally longer than the arms. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (We have another appointment in about a week, but I'm not sure if I'll have an ultrasound or not)
Glad you got the pants! They are amazing right? And so much better than leaving your pants unzipped with a band. Did you get the other box too? I included a very helpful book for when you start shopping. They have an updated version, but this book was a really big help in sorting out ALL the baby stuff out there!
ReplyDeleteyay, I'm glad everything is going well! And I'm sure you don't have "fat face"! haha!
ReplyDeleteKG: Yes, I got everything, and THANK YOU! Keep an eye out for mail from me ;)
ReplyDeleteJaymi: unfortunately I think I'm going to be one of those pregnant people whose face looks like a swollen balloon by the end. But you better believe I am going to enjoy all the cheesecake and other goodies I can in the next few months. This is the only time it can be relatively guilt-free for me!
Have you tried ranch dressing to dip those veggies in?
ReplyDeleteMom :-)
ReplyDeleteI'll try to come up with some veggie recipes for you but as I recall most of them involve many, many calories! Love ya! Dana
ReplyDeleteDana - I am definitely not counting calories at this point! The baby wants as many calories as possible. It's hungry all the time. For example - I just woke up at 6:45 on a Sunday morning because I was starving.
ReplyDeleteI finally made it on the blog..you look adorable:) can't wait for my new niece/nephew to get here so I can spoil them rotten!!
ReplyDeleteOops..that last post was from me (Kari) in case you couldn't figure that out:)
ReplyDelete