Friday, July 22, 2011

16 weeks

Whoa - 4 months today!
How big is baby: Avocado!
Weight gain/loss: +1 or 2. Total of about 5 pounds so far - I am right on track.
Pregnancy symptoms: um, the cantaloupe in my belly? I am definitely looking pregnant now.
Maternity clothes: Maternity pants definitely. And we are planning on going hiking this weekend, and I just thought about how there is NO WAY I am squeezing into my hiking pants - looks like it will be a sweatpants situation :)
Stretch Marks: nope. I bought some Palmer's lotion just in case though.
Sleep:  I've been really uncomfortable - my ligaments and hips and lower back have been bothering me, and I just can't find a good position. And more dreams - I woke up sobbing the other night, but I have no memory of the dream. Must have been sad!
Best moment this week: Yesterday morning when I woke up. I must have found some weird position to sleep in, because when I woke up, my stomach was LOPSIDED! The baby was up somewhere to the right of my belly button - much higher than it usually is, and visibly to one side. I guess the baby is treating my uterus like a hamster ball inside me during the night! Luckily, once I stood up it moved back into place.
Movement: Nothing yet, but I have been having weird feelings in my abdomen. But I might be imagining it because I want to feel a good swift kick to know for sure if it's the baby moving or just my lunch. 
Food cravings: The usual - lemonade and whatever else looks good at the moment.
Food aversions: Nothing much
Belly button in or out: In, but much shallower . . . really hoping it stays in. 
What I am looking forward to: feeling the baby move!
Milestones: Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

2 comments:

  1. It is so exciting for me to read your blog and hear how things are progressing...especially since I'm not there to see you guys and hear the stories first hand. Geez...4 months already! It won't be long...time will fly by...just enjoy every minute of it. Hope to see you soon. Love, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you have an avocado in your belly:) And what do you mean lopsided belly….? That sounds frightening. Seriously - I can't wait to meet this baby!!

    ReplyDelete