How big is baby: the size of an onion (about 5 inches long)
Weight gain/loss: +1. Total of about 6 pounds
Pregnancy symptoms: feeling the baby move!
Maternity clothes:yes - just tried to go to Old Navy last night for maternity clothes. Unfortunately their maternity "section" should be called "Maternity Rack of Ugly Size 16 Pants" - selection was slightly lacking. I think I might have to break down and order some clothes online.
Stretch Marks: no
Sleep: Still sleeping a lot. Luckily, I am more comfortable sleeping on my side (since that's how I am supposed to sleep anyways).
Best moment this week: Kristin's visit, and figuring out that I really am feeling the baby move! Movement: I had my suspicions, so I asked the doctor at my appointment on Monday if it was possible I was feeling it this early. He said of course, and after describing what it felt like, he said that was probably the baby. It feels kind of like when you get a funny muscle twitch in a weird place on your body. Except a muscle twitch usually lasts for a minute and goes away. I can feel the baby twitches throughout the day, especially after I eat something fruity or sugary - the baby already has a sweet tooth!
Food cravings: right now, I want coconut cake from Steuben's.
Food aversions: Nothing much
Belly button in or out: In
What I am looking forward to: more baby movements, and finding out if it's a boy or a girl in 3 weeks!
Milestones: The skeleton is changing from cartilage to bone, and there are fingerprints on his/her fingers and toes
Ok...the fact that you can feel the baby move is making me cry (with joy, of course). Just the thought of this little baby coming soon is filling me with hope and happiness once again...confirming that life does go on. (wiping away tears)....:) I'm really looking forward to my visit in September. Much love, Dana (Nana)
ReplyDeleteYou described baby movement perfectly! I would tell Mike it's like when your eye is twitching from lack of sleep, but in your belly! haha...I think I started to feel little movements around 17-18 weeks. And by 20-22 weeks, Mike was able to feel the bumps and kicks from the outside! So much fun!
ReplyDelete