Friday, January 27, 2012

One month old!

Everyone told me how time would fly, but I cannot believe that Lea is already a month old! Where did the time go? I'm sure sleep deprivation has something to do with it, because the days tend to blend together... but somehow she has managed to grow and change so much already. 
She weighed more than 7.5 pounds when we weighed her a few days ago, and she has already grown out of the newborn hat she wore home from the hospital.
She's starting to have much longer times when she is awake and alert, and we have a magic hour or so in the morning of happy playtime.


She looks at objects in front of her face and is starting to track moving things a little.

These pictures were taken yesterday, but this morning I got a great surprise: she looked right at me and smiled. I almost melted. It was a much bigger, more intentional smile than these pictures - hopefully I'll be able to catch one on camera soon!
 Lea is also starting to reach out to bat at things. She doesn't have much control over her arms yet, but she gets all excited and tries to fling her arms at our faces or toys.

Yes! Finally, a good picture of Lea and me together :)

And here's a little video - she is starting to make sounds other than just grunts and cries. You can hear a couple cute little sounds, and see how excited she gets about her link toy!



4 comments:

  1. She is so cute! Love her little spikey hair...and that cute sleeper! :)

    The video says private though, so we can't see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute Kristy! I love those shots of you with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously cannot wait to come see you guys! And take pictures of you!

    ReplyDelete