Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Back to the hospital . . .

Yep, I just got to spend another night at St. Joe's. I had been feeling a little weird and running a really low fever, so I went to the doctor and she said I had a slight case of endometritis, which is an infection in the uterus (not uncommon after birth). I got some antibiotics and went home. Then that night, my fever shot up to 103.4 degrees, I was shaking and freezing and kind of delirious. I called the nurse line, and they told me that if the fever went above 105, I had to go to the ER, but otherwise, keep taking the meds and it should go down. The fever went down throughout the night, but the doctor called in the morning to follow up and told me that I should go in to the hospital to get IV treatment. So we packed Lea and a diaper bag and headed over. As soon as they got me in a room, I found out that I would have to stay overnight! I had no idea - I thought I'd be there for a few hours and then go home. 

So the Firebaughs spent another night at the hospital . . . not where any of us wanted to be. But some good came of it:
1. I'm all better!
2. Liz came by and brought me coconut cake from Steuben's. Heavenly.
3. Lea had her best night of sleep so far - she just woke up, fed, and went back to sleep!
4. We knew that our friend Erin was being induced the same night we were in the hospital, and so every time I heard the little lullaby in the hallways, I knew that one of them was hers! We obviously didn't see them, but it was kind of neat knowing that she was just one floor below us with her new son.

This was all last week - I'm feeling totally fine now!

No comments:

Post a Comment