Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Introducing Lea Wren Firebaugh!

I'm sure that everyone who reads this blog already knows that Lea was born early in the morning on Dec. 27th - 6 pounds 14 oz, 19 inches long, at 3:49 am. It's been an insane week; the hardest week of my life, hands down. But also the most amazing and emotional time of my life as well. We've dealt with cluster feedings, latching issues, round-the clock feeding and then pumping and then bottle. The nurse has been out to the house three times to check on Lea, because she hasn't been gaining weight fast enough. But not to worry - everything is fine; she is just taking her sweet time learning how to eat properly! It's been really hard for she and I both to coordinate how our bodies work together to get her fed. And Kyle has been the most amazing, involved, supportive new dad I could ever have wished for. I knew there was a good reason I married this guy.

Anyways, enough of the talk - I know what you want is pictures! I'll do a separate post with her birth story. Also, anyone know how to upload a video to blogger? I keep trying to upload a video from iPhoto but it tells me that there is an error.

Here she is!
Just a few minutes after she was born

I think she looks pretty proud of herself here

Me holding her in the delivery room

This one kills me - what a proud dad!


Getting ready to go home! I can't believe how tiny she is in that carseat.



back at home...

Aunt Liz meets Lea! Too bad she isn't excited about being an auntie :)

Hadley has been great - much better than we expected! She is very curious and likes sniffing Lea. So far she hasn't done anything that makes us nervous, but I can tell that she really wants to lick her face off.

I don't have many pictures with me in them, because most of the time I am either sleeping or my boobs are out. But here's one!

I can't tell what this expression is, but I have a feeling it will reappear during junior high.

I know I wasn't great about taking pictures while I was pregnant. But don't worry - I have already taken about 200 pictures since Lea was born! More to come!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pix! Can't wait to see her! ( I think you're right about that last picture, btw.) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is seriously adorable! I cannot wait to hear your birth story and see more pictures. Newborns change almost daily, so you have to capture them as much as possible!

    As for videos, upload to YouTube, and then you can share them by embedding them into blogger. I now have a full Kenley YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kristy, she is just beautiful!!! I wish I could be there just to take endless pictures of her!! I'm sorry your first week was tough, but I'm sure it'll get a little bit easier every day. Keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete