So, I have finally begun thinking about planning the baby's room. Like everyone else on the planet, I want it to look like it should be in a magazine spread, but I want to spend as little as possible getting there! (besides my one big splurge . . . see below). Here is what we are working with so far:
Nice big window, huh?! I'll probably make my own curtains - easy savings there. And the baby is inheriting our old dresser - the dresser is the perfect height for a changing pad, so that means no money spent on a changing table. Cha-ching!
I originally had my eye on a super mod, awesome recliner/rocker (the exorbitant price will remain unstated). But then we got a new living room sofa, and were going to toss this one, but we realized that it would fit in the baby's room just fine. The room is pretty big, and I really like the idea that two people can sit in the room at the same time. I'll get some cute pillows and a throw blanket to break up the brown blob of the couch. I still might like a rocking chair, but maybe not - that might be a later craigslist purchase. So, no money spent on a recliner=more savings!
Um, check out this GIANT closet! You can't tell here, but it is about the size of my college dorm room.
So, that's where I am at! I think it will get even easier to think about once we know if it's a boy or a girl, but I have found some bedding and fallen in LOVE with it! LOOK!!!!:
It's called Tree Top Friends from this company called Skip Hop. I love the primary colors and that it can work with a boy or a girl. And it has birds and owls all over it!
I also love all the different textures and patterns in the fabric - I think it gives me a lot to work with.
Only problem . . . it's for rich people. I know, I know . . . the baby won't even remember it, and doesn't care what its blankets will look like, but it makes me so happy and is so cheerful! Plus, I am saving all this other money, right? (feel free to help validate expensive frivolous crib bedding. thanks).




I love the crib bedding you picked out...it's perfect for you and your love of birds...so I think you should get it. I have a wooden rocker that my parents gave to me when my babies came..also when I move, I might be talked into parting with my cream colored (very comfy) recliner rocker. So don't go out right away and purchase a rocker unless you aren't interested in either of these. That closet is so awesomely big and will come in handy when all of those toys and books begin to come in. See you soon, Love, Dana
ReplyDeleteKristy, I LOVE the bedding!!! It is most definitely worth the splurge!!! Plus, since it's gender neutral you could use it again in a few years if you guys decide to have another:). Keep the posts coming. I love reading them:)
ReplyDeleteVery cute! And yes, you can splurge wherever you feel you want to. I really wanted a certain stroller, so I splurged on that. Plus, I think with that bedding, you can bring so many cute patterns into the room with curtains and pillows.
ReplyDeleteDo they sell the bedding in pieces? The only reason I ask is because you may only use a few of the pieces in the beginning. Are you planning on using bumpers? You can use my tutorial(http://www.first-comes-love-blog.com/2010/12/nursery-progress-curtains-are-up.html) for the curtains, and make pillowcases out of napkins or extra fabric.
I think it's really smart to keep things mostly neutral, and then when you find out if it's a boy or a girl, you can add little touches here and there through accessories! So excited to see the progress! let me know if you want any help, I love this stuff!