It is finally hitting me that I'm getting pretty far along! I guess we need to do something about that nursery . . . Also on the to-do list: sign up for prenatal classes and start interviewing pediatricians.
How big is baby: 10.5 inches long - either a carrot or a banana.
Weight gain/loss: Up another pound - 11 pounds total. I could definitely tell the difference at yoga this morning!
Pregnancy symptoms: Kicks are getting stronger, and people hold doors for me wherever I go.
Maternity clothes: Yes
Stretch Marks: :(
Sleep: I think I might have had heartburn when I tried to fall asleep last night - I've never had it before and I don't really know what it is. But my chest/stomach felt weird and uncomfortable, so I slept propped up on pillows and that seemed to help.
Best moment this week: Emily and Scooter's daughter Gretchen, who is three and a half, asked if she could feel my tummy to feel the baby kick. It was the cutest thing ever.
Movement: lots and lots. I notice that she seems to favor my left side - though I do get kicks and jabs everywhere.
Food cravings: Still chocolate milkshakes.
Food aversions: Pizza. And eggs. Kyle made eggs over easy this morning, which are gross anyways, but the smell of them was grossing me out more than usual.
Labor signs: None.
Belly button in or out: Still in . . . for now.
What I miss: Not much right now - life is good!
What I am looking forward to: Figuring out what to name this kid! We've started talking about names finally, but no conclusions yet. Stay tuned.
Milestones: You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.
Oh prenatal classes! Mike and I took the Baby CPR. We never made it to the breastfeeding or baby basics classes (Kenley came early, and I don't think they want you to bring your baby to those! :)
ReplyDeleteBTW, you are so lucky never to experience heartburn! I had it the WORST while I was pregnant. Probably didn't help that I craved spicy things. Basically I had the worst heartburn/acid reflux going on. TUMS are your friend.
Kenley also favored my left side. When we did a 3D sono, I figured out she was faced that way and was kicking and punching me on that side. Wait until you get to the feet in the ribs thing! Fun!