Friday, August 12, 2011

19 weeks

How big is baby: 6 inches long (or the size of a big heirloom tomato). Kind of crazy to think about!
Weight gain/loss: Around a pound. I think I'm +8 total now.
Pregnancy symptoms: People are starting to notice - a lady this morning congratulated me. Apparently I have also been a bit cranky, so people say . . . I'm trying to curb my snappiness. I don't want to turn into a big fat crab. I've been having what I think is round ligament pain on the sides of my abdomen. And I'm getting the line down my belly - it's pretty faint but definitely there!
Maternity clothes: yes.
Stretch Marks: No. . . but my stomach is starting to feel really stretched out. I feel like I ate a HUGE meal, but I'm still hungry!
Sleep: I'm starting to have trouble getting comfortable. I have been using a pillow between my knees, but I have been tossing and turning the last few nights.
Food cravings: nothing unusual
Food aversions: Nothing much
Belly button in or out: still in
What I am looking forward to: The big appointment in one week! I'll post a picture in the next few days so you can decide if you think it's a boy or a girl.
Milestones: Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
 Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

10 comments:

  1. I don't need a picture...I think a GIRL! :)

    Also, one word for you: SNOOGLE! Check it out...Loved it and it's still in our bed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I was actually thinking about you while I was laying there not sleeping! I remember your post when you got the snoogle, I just couldn't remember what it was called. Might be time to go for it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz Says: I think it's a BOY! Since that was your first instinct. I don't care either way, I am still going to spoil the crap out of that little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana Says: I want one of each please! Ditto on the "spoiling the crap out of it"..Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a girl!!!! I have no idea why... just have a hunch! Can't wait to find out for sure in just a few days!!! Hope you're feeling well:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! On your birthday? Did you plan it that way?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The day before my birthday - I think it's a pretty great birthday present! It wasn't planned that way and I didn't even realize it until last week. The kid better cooperate and show the goods :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom Says: The ligament pain will go away about 6 mos when they are fully stretched. Just don't sneeze 'til then! The line rubs away after pregnancy with a little baby oil. Can't wait to see your next picture post!

    ReplyDelete