Wow, we're halfway there! Or maybe more than halfway - on Friday the doctor said I was measuring a couple days bigger, so we might be looking at a New Year's baby!
How big is baby: the length of a cantaloupe!
Weight gain/loss: I'm +10 total from pre-pregnancy weight - still on track for where I should be, though I feel like I'm on the bigger side for how short I am.
Pregnancy symptoms: Lots of movement, some achy ligaments, but otherwise feeling really good! My belly is starting to feel really stretched and heavy - and I'm sure that will just intensify from now on!
Maternity clothes: Yes, and I have been adding to my ever-growing pile of "Does Not Fit Right Now" clothes. The dress I am wearing now will go there today - I can wear loose-fitting regular clothes, but they are beginning to look a little awkward.
Stretch Marks: Yes - BOOOO :( I've been diligent with the stretch mark lotion, but I think there is no helping this...
Sleep: Still tossing and turning - the baby likes to kick between 11 and midnight, so it keeps me from falling completely asleep until around midnight.
Best moment this week: Finding out it's a girl!! And getting to spend my birthday with a visit from Megan. Also, we worked on our registry this weekend. While we were at Target, Kyle picked out some tiny hairbows without any prompting from me, which made me cry, of course.
Movement: Yes. She's a little gymnast. I even saw my stomach move a couple of times, and there are times when I can feel a particularly hard lump by my belly button - I'm guessing it's either her head or her butt. I'm only hoping that I don't end up with bruised ribs by the time this is done!
Food cravings: Chocolate milkshakes.
Food aversions: Not much.
Labor signs: None
Belly button in or out: It's getting dangerously shallow. Not liking the looks of things.
What I miss: Not much right now - just happy and excited to be progressing smoothly!
What I am looking forward to: Working on the baby's room. We're ordering a crib sometime this week, and we need to hit up Ikea for a bookcase or something to put toys in. Then I need to paint the room white and decide on curtains, and Kyle is going to paint a mural on the wall to match the crib bedding! Stay tuned for updates once we actually do some of this stuff.
Milestones: Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
Your bump is too cute. I too have been fascinated/obsessed/horrified by the shallowing of my belly button. Yay for New Years babies! -Erin
ReplyDelete