My friend Kristin keeps a great blog about her pregnancy and baby, and she used these same questions every week to post about her progress. I am shamelessly stealing them this week because my brain is not coming up with anything creative at the moment - thanks KG!
How big is baby: the size of either a raspberry or a kidney bean
Weight gain/loss: zero, or maybe a pound since pre-pregnancy. It's so weird though - I haven't gained anything, but I have a really gross gut. It just looks like I have been drinking a ton of beer and not working out! I don't think it looks like a pregnant belly - it is just mushy and gross at this point. I am looking forward to when I don't just look fat; I want everyone to be able to see that there is a reason for it!
Pregnancy symptoms: tired, some mood swings. I'm a little weepy, let's just say. And my skin looks horrible. Still waiting for that "glow" to magically clear up my skin.
Maternity clothes: not yet. But I have already retired some of my skinnier jeans - baby or no baby, the muffin top look is not for me. . .
Sleep: Tossing and turning, but I have been getting a LOT of sleep. Still taking a nap almost every day, which is probably why it's finals week and I still have not finished the paper that was due last Tuesday.
Best moment this week: Finding out that the inspection phase for the new house is done! It was horribly stressful (the seller had a midnight deadline and waited until 10:30 at night to sign everything. By that point, I was taking a bath to try to relax. Which was not really working). But it looks like we are in good shape to close in 2 1/2 weeks!Food cravings: see previous post. And I still like anything with lemons. And bison burgers have been on the menu a couple times this week.
Food aversions: Pizza. Not because it doesn't sound good, but because it makes me feel horrible for hours afterwards when I eat it. I have been trying to steer clear. I've also figured out that since my entire digestive system has slowed down, I have to eat only smaller meals - eating big meals makes me really nauseous.
What I miss: Beer! It's getting really nice outside, and I know those Coronas are going to get more and more tempting! What I am looking forward to: My nine-week appointment, which is my first official prenatal appointment, is this coming Friday. I am super excited, but also really nervous - I didn't get past this one last time. I had a horrible dream about it last night. But this pregnancy definitely feels different, which I am taking as a good sign.
Milestones: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. The baby is constantly moving and shifting, though you still can't feel it.
I stole the weekly check-ins from someone else! It's a good way of tracking your progress, but also fun if you have a 2nd kid to compare it too. It goes by so fast, especially at the end. In no time you will be a watermelon!
ReplyDelete