Wednesday, May 11, 2011

ballpark blues

Well, I am now officially proof that morning sickness doesn't just happen in the morning. I had been feeling queasy all day, but as soon as I walked into Coors Field last night the smells of hot dogs, nachos, chili, hamburgers, onions, and beer all coalesced in my nostrils and formed a perfect storm . . . and I had to run straight to the bathroom. I have never had this happen before, and to be honest, it made me feel like such a wuss that I could get sick just from a bunch of smells.
As soon as I got to our seats, Kyle offered me some peanuts. I must have recoiled in horror and Erin happened to catch my reaction, because she knew right away what was wrong. I tried to play it off by saying that I had just eaten and just wasn't hungry, but my feeble excuse wasn't fooling her. She just got a huge smile on her face and told Declan to give me a big hug. Luckily it was she who saw my face, because I'm pretty sure she won't say anything to anyone. I want to be able to tell people, but just not this early. Plus, at least now she will know why I look a little green at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment