Friday, June 3, 2011

it's a teddy bear!

Just had my 9-week ultrasound today, and all good news! We saw the heartbeat again, and the ultrasound shows two little armbuds and we saw two little legs too. The doctor says it looks like a teddy bear.

After the ultrasound was done, we went into another room, and the doctor asked, "What questions do you have?" And Kyle and I looked at each other blankly, and laughed. I explained that we hadn't gotten this far last time, so we were just hoping the baby is ok. I really didn't have many questions at this point, so he scheduled my next appointment for a month from now. I'm feeling great - it's a little surreal. I keep expecting something to go wrong. But he said that after seeing an ultrasound like this at this point, my chances of miscarriage have dropped from about 25-30% to 2-4%. That's enough to start telling a few people, I think. We will probably wait until 12 weeks to tell the majority, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment