Saturday, June 25, 2011

12 weeks

Well, we are officially at the end of the first trimester! THANK GOODNESS! I'll do a separate post on the doctor appointment, but everything is great, and we can finally tell people now. The baby is now the size of a lime - about 3 inches long. It's moving all over the place (though I can't feel it yet), and is developing reflexes.
I missed week 11, because we were in the middle of moving. We are now in the new house and working on upacking and spending our hard-earned savings on fun things like a washer/dryer, air conditioner, switchplate covers, and sink drain plugs (which we have been to Home Depot three times to exchange . . . we can't figure out which one fits our weird sink!). Hooray for home ownership!
I woke up this morning feeling awesome - so good, in fact, that I went to yoga today for the first time in about 2 months. It felt wonderful. I need to keep going - my body feels so grateful after I get out of class. I think I am sitting funny at work, and I feel re-adjusted after an hour of yoga. I have felt great all day (well, besides getting hungry at Target and having to buy Pizza Hut breadsticks and eating them in the middle of the microwave aisle . . . ask Kyle about that one). I'm hoping this is how I feel for the next few months - I have more energy, I don't feel sick, and I have been in an awesome mood.
AND . . . what I know people probably want to see: my first bump picture!
As you can see, I don't really have a bump yet. Plus this dress hides a lot. But if you could see me in jeans, you would see a pretty sweet muffin top, but nothing that looks like a cute pregnant bump. I don't really look pregnant yet - I look like I have been eating too many cheeseburgers and drinking too much beer. But if you could see me in jeans, you would also see that I am currently holding them up with a rubber band. I'm popping out. I bet these next few weeks will show some serious expansion.

3 comments:

  1. You are so cute! Make sure you take plenty of pics along the way, it's so fun to look back on. Especially now that it all was such a blur. And enjoy it! I loved being pregnant so relish it while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you lime sized fetus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats Kristy, I'm SOO excited for you!!! And ditto what Kristin said---lots and lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete