Saturday, June 4, 2011

9 weeks


How big is baby: the size of a grape
Weight gain/loss: Still zero. Still lookin' fat anyways.
Pregnancy symptoms: Same as last week - I can't believe I am still awake at 11:00 at night.
Maternity clothes: Not yet. But I did buy two new dresses because I figure they can expand with me over the summer.
Sleep: I'm dead tired, but having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. Too bad I can't take tylenol pm!
Best moment this week: Seeing that little heartbeat again today!
Food cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary . . . besides an insane need for two biscuits from KFC earlier this week . . . 
Food aversions: Big meals
What I miss: Running. I have been walking Hadley most days, but I just don't have the energy to go for a run right now.

What I am looking forward to: Telling my friends and family in the next few weeks.
Milestones:Your new resident is nearly an inch long and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.

1 comment:

  1. Your blogs are making me late for work! I love them :)

    ReplyDelete