Wednesday, March 14, 2012

BIG NEWS

Something amazing happened last night. Lea slept from 9:30pm to 5:30am. That's 8 hours, people. EIGHT.

Not quite sure why it happened - I think it might be a little early for her to sleep this long - she's only 11 weeks old! But my mom said I started sleeping 8 hours pretty early (mom, how old was I when I did that?). Or maybe it's her cold and she just needs some extra sleeping right now. Or maybe the bedtime routine is working - we've been doing it for a couple of weeks. She starts getting sleepy around 6:30 or 7, but we keep her awake and play with her until at least 7:30 or 8. Then when she's nodding off on her play mat, we take her upstairs, give her a bath, and then I feed her in the bedroom in the dark. Then I put her to bed, usually around 9. It seems to work well - she's been skipping her 12:00 feeding for the last week or so. And then last night she also skipped the 3am feeding.

So Kyle and I both got seven and a half glorious hours of uninterrupted sleep. I will happily wake up at 5:30 every morning if she keeps sleeping this long. Which I can't believe I am saying, but it's true.

3 comments:

  1. yay! congrats on a night of sleep! I hope she keeps it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing when waking up at 5:30am is wonderful! Enjoy it as long as you can. Everyone needs the sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to interpret this to mean Charlie will do the same thing10 days after Lea. Can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete