Sunday, November 20, 2011

productive weekend

We had a very busy and productive weekend! We finished up a few projects around the house. First, we ripped out the bathroom shower doors and replaced them with a curtainrod and curtains. The shower doors were installed horribly, had screws sticking out of them, and were constantly falling off the tracks. I knew I wanted to get this done before the baby gets here, because it's a deep tub and I couldn't reach into the tub over the door track to bathe a baby! I know I can't do that right away anyways, but I also know we won't want to do this kind of project with a two-month-old around. 
So, Kyle ripped out the doors - here he is taking all the sealant/glue stuff off the wall:

I'm pretty sure he was whistling as he worked.

And the new curtain rod!

We hung a chain to the ceiling to support the corner. The holes aren't patched, the curtains don't match . . . but that all will wait until we really do this room. Which will be later, and I'm fine with that.

Also, we finally hung a curtain rod in the guest bedroom. I know the curtains are too short. I'm pretending I don't notice them right now. 

And I turned this:

Into these for the baby's room:

I made this changing pad cover from the softest fabric in the world:

 And, in what were my favorite ten minutes of the week, I rushed out to DIA to see Meghan! She had a really tight layover through Denver, so she met me in the parking lot, we hugged and she got to feel the baby move, and then she almost missed her flight! Totally worth it.


1 comment:

  1. I love the progress you're making, but don't forget to rest! - Mom

    ReplyDelete