How big is baby: 4 pounds - about the weight of a pineapple
Weight gain/loss: +25 total. Yikes!
Pregnancy symptoms: Numb hands, which is both weird and annoying. It's from the water retention and is normal.
Maternity clothes: yep. I am down to about 3 shirts that will cover my stomach. There have been several times this week when I walk into a room and Kyle looks at my stomach and just starts giggling at how huge I've become.
Stretch Marks: Same.
Sleep: It's getting pretty bad - on Sunday I woke up with what felt like a migraine, and it was from all the muscles in my head and neck being compressed/clenched while I was sleeping. And my arms and hips go numb from laying on my side - I have to keep turning all night long, which is keeping Kyle awake. Also, Kyle says I keep making "animal noises" in my sleep. Not sure what that means, but it's not flattering.
Best moment this week: Seeing Meghan for a few minutes last night, and getting to see her weirded-out expression when she felt the baby move :)
Movement: I can now see whole limbs pressing out as she flips around in there.
Food cravings: Nothing new, though I've been eating all the chocolate I can get my hands on.
Food aversions: Nothing.
Labor signs: None
Belly button in or out: Same.
What I miss: A good night of sleep!
What I am looking forward to: turkey, sweet potatoes, baked goodies, and a relaxing Thanksgiving weekend.
On the to-do list: clean out the closet in the baby's room, wash baby clothes
Milestones: This week your baby has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
On the to-do list: clean out the closet in the baby's room, wash baby clothes
Milestones: This week your baby has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
Mmmm...chocolate...
ReplyDeleteIf you have a bed bolster with arms, try using it while sleeping, letting your supported head fall back instead of forward (like a bolster behind your neck). It might alleviate some of the numbness in your hands, and allow you to breathe a little bit better... worked for me! Love you all! Mom
ReplyDelete