Thursday, April 28, 2011

Doctor-confirmed

Just got out of my appointment at the DU health center. They confirmed my pregnancy and took blood tests to check my hcg levels (the amount of baby hormone in my blood). I will go back Tuesday for another blood draw to make sure the levels are going up as they should be.

I also got a referral to see my ob/gyn, and I have my first appointment set up for May 18th. For those of you who don't know, I had a miscarriage last year. So this time, I get to have my first appointment at 6 weeks (instead of waiting until 9 weeks) for what they call a "viability checkup." Sounds horrible. But I might get an early ultrasound, and I am sure they will draw blood and check everything else to make sure the baby is doing ok. Then I guess my first prenatal appointment is 3 weeks later.

As thrilled as I am, I am also so nervous. I think this is an even bigger roller coaster than last time, because I am experiencing so many conflicting emotions: complete elation at being pregnant, but also scared to death that this one could end like the last. So I've been kind of an emotional mess. Kyle loves it already :) But thankfully, excitement usually wins and I can pay more attention to that than being scared all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment