At Lea's 6-month appointment last week, we got the ok to start introducing solids. It means a bit more work for us, but I am so excited to watch her eat new foods. We have been giving her rice cereal for about a week now, and she loves it:
We just mix it in with a little formula and add some cinnamon, and she gobbles it up.So yesterday, I roasted carrots, sweet potato, zucchini, and yellow squash, pureed each in the food processor, and froze them in 1-oz cubes. It's much cheaper than buying baby food at the store, and I like that I have complete control over what goes into her food. I still hate making formula, because it's powder and I have no idea what is in it. But that's just me being paranoid. Anyways, I digress.
We started with carrots. I'll let the pictures below speak for themselves:
That last one is part of her tryout for the drama team. Even better: watch this video.
So, carrots weren't a hit. But we tried sweet potatoes tonight, and she ate a whole ounce!






I LOVED making Kenley's food...it's so easy! K's favs were butternut squash and acorn squash. She's still not quite down with carrots.
ReplyDeleteI will warn you that getting peas into a smooth consistency is difficult, because of the skins. So I tried to buy green veggies in those Plum squeeze packs (and still use those when K is being picky), they are purely fruits and veggies with no extras (I've even tried them and they are quite tasty!)
But nothing beats being able to know exactly what is in your baby's food. Good luck with trying the new stuff. It is an adventure for sure!
The video was extremely entertaining! Can't wait for the next one! Love, Mom
ReplyDelete