Lea, Liz and I went back to Illinois this past weekend.
I was super nervous about flying with her - I just really didn't want to be the mom with the baby who screams the whole flight. But both there and back, she was awesome.
I fed her both times during takeoff, and then she spent the rest of the flight playing with toys and smiling at all the people sitting around us. Side note: I think she all of a sudden looks exactly like Kyle, especially in this picture.
Checking out the skyscrapers in downtown Chicago
Meeting Grandpa Marty
And meeting Great-Grandpa Ray
We had to take her for her first dip in Bangs Lake, where I grew up swimming!
Well, it wasn't exactly a dip - the water was kind of cold. But she did get to stand in the water and feel the sand between her toes.
Checking out a seashell
Meeting cousins and second cousins (I think - are my cousins' kids Lea's second cousins? Whatever. They are all cousins). This is Christina, who is about 2 weeks younger than Lea. Heather and I had due dates 1 day apart.
Get this hat off of me!!
Playing with Grandma Barb and my Aunt Patricia
Playing in the sunshine
Overall, it was a great trip - I loved being able to spend so much time with Lea, and I'm glad so many family members were able to meet her!









she's so cute! I love the pics of her in her little bathing suit!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!!! I swear Evan already looks like the same size as Lea. I'm glad you had a great trip and the plane flights were successful!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of you and Lea at the airport! Glad you had fun and a successful plane ride!
ReplyDelete