I think I missed 22 weeks. Oops. Well, here's 24:
I love that second picture: Kyle walked into the room, and she got really excited.More updates:
- She's still creeping around using a combination of her head and legs. She can push all the way up, but can't quite coordinate arms and legs yet. But she is definitely able to move around, especially if she sees a toy that's just out of reach. Or the dog.
- She shakes everything - she loves her rattles, but will also try to shake a pacifier or a burp cloth to see if it makes noise. It's pretty funny. Sometimes it looks like she's waving at us, but I think she's just practicing that motion to learn about cause and effect.
- We had to start using formula for one bottle a day. I just couldn't keep up. At first I was upset about it, and it still freaks me out to put powder in a bottle and feed it to her, but the pumping was getting ridiculous. I was pumping every 2 hours at work, between feedings in the evenings, and sometimes in the middle of the night. And I would barely have enough. Sometimes, I didn't have enough, so I would have to pick her up early from daycare in order to feed her. It was getting a little out of control and stressful. So we decided to give her formula for the last feeding of the night. This has the added benefit of keeping her tummy a little more full at night (formula isn't digested as quickly as breastmilk), which means she's now sleeping for 8 hour stretches. We all win!
- We are starting on rice cereal this week. Some things say start at 6 months, some say 24 weeks. Well, she's 25 weeks, so we are going for it.
- Loving her buddies Shane and Keely. I love Shane's expression in the first one - he looks like he is going to kiss her!
- We took a trip up to Pikes Peak for Father's Day. Lea did great, and it was Kyle's first time up there too. We rode the old Cog Train up - pretty neat experience.



I just typed out a long comment that just deleted...arg.
ReplyDeleteLea is such a beautiful baby...for real. And not just in that token, everyone says that kind of way.
Don't worry about the formula. You gotta do what works for you and for baby, and it sounds like this was the answer for your own sanity. I would just say to keep BFing as long as possible for the antibodies aspect for daycare. Kenley has only gotten sick a couple times in daycare since 3 months old. I attribute this solely to nursing, because I'm totally not a germaphobe and she's been pretty healthy while spending alot of time in daycare.
Can't wait to visit you guys. Maybe once our lives calm down a bit we can plan a trip out! Gotta get the girls together.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kristin! Re. the breastfeeding: my goal is a year. Even if that means it has to be a combination of BF and formula, I want to keep going as long as I can. I've done a ton of reading about it, and it sounds like it's pretty normal to experience some difficulty around 4-6 months. But I know it is the best thing for her, and she still gets all the benefits even if it's a combo. I just have to let go of all the crazy BF advice floating around and realize that in a perfect world, things would go just as planned. But in a perfect world, we would be rich, health insurance wouldn't be an issue, and I would stay home for a year and not have to pump, either! :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you! There is so much noise out there about breastfeeding and formula feeding. What does it matter a long as baby is getting fed.
DeleteOne year was my goal too, and here I am, still going at almost 18 months. It should get much easier once Lea starts drinking cows milk too..and alot cheaper! :)