I missed a couple weeks - things have been pretty nuts around here with the spring quarter starting at school. It's now week 4, and I think we are finally settling into a rhythm. Which usually involves getting up between 5:30 and 6am . . . So the biggest challenge for me is waking up and not wanting to cry immediately. I love my sleep. Before I went back to work full time, I could even handle the feedings every 3 hours all night, because I knew I could catch up on my sleep in the afternoon or something. But now, I'm up by 6, at work by 7:30, and I usually don't get home until 5. These are just really long days, and I am doing my best to cope. Some days are good, and others are awful and I just feel like a zombie. But only 7 more weeks until summer! That's what I keep telling myself.
Anyways, on to baby news! Lots of new things happening around here:- Lea is on the move! Well, kind of: she figured out how to roll over last weekend. She rolled from her tummy to her back on Saturday . . . and from her back to her tummy on Sunday! Usually I guess the tummy-to-back happens around 3-4 months, but many babies wait until 5-6 months to roll back-to-tummy. Lea decided to get them both out of the way at 15 weeks. It's pretty cute - she seems quite proud of herself every time she does it.
- She's also figured out how to scoot around in a circle - her head stays in one spot, and she walks her legs around so she can completely change what direction her body is facing.
- Lea and Hadley are beginning a beautiful friendship. Meaning, Hadley tries to lick Lea's mouth, and Lea seems to really like being licked by a giant dog. Gross, but it makes her smile!
- We've finally made the transition to the crib. Lea has been sleeping in our room in the pack and play since she was born - it made more sense with feeding her a zillion times a night, and plus I'm super paranoid about SIDS and I know that sleeping in the same room lessens the chances of that. But a combination of factors led us to try out the big move last night. For one, since she's now rolling over, I didn't want her to roll against the side of the pack and play and get stuck. And I was also thinking that we all might just sleep a little better if we had our own space - if she can wake us up with her sniffling and coughing (yes, she's still stuffed up!), then I bet that we could be waking her up too - with Kyle's snoring, or Hadley barking at ghosts in the middle of the night. So far, she hasn't even seemed to notice that she is in a different room (but I sure notice, and it's great!).
- EVERYTHING she gets her hands on goes straight into her mouth. Video evidence:
- She still wears mostly 0-3 month clothes even though she is almost 4 months old, and all the pants are still too big for her! She weighs somewhere between 10 and 11 pounds, I'm guessing, and she's on the skinnier side. She just doesn't have the big baby rolls yet.
- She thinks Kyle is hilarious, and she loves touching his beard.
- She can do a little mini push-up
- She has gone from hating tummy time to LOVING it. Now that she can hold her head up, she's perfectly content hanging out on her tummy. She even makes some swimming-type motions already.




I know I say it every time but she is just such a cutie! And a peanut! I just checked and Kenley was 15 1/2 lbs t 4 months old. 5-6 months was her chubbier stage.
ReplyDeleteThe schedule will get better once she starts sleeping in a bit. And luckily you have summers. And congrats on the room transition. We didn't do it until 10 months, and it's been amazing ever since. Much better sleeping for all of us.
Keep posting pics of that cutie!
Thanks for sharing the adorable pictures, videos, and stories about Miss Lea! She sure is a cutie, and I can't get over how much she is growing (and yet still so tiny). Hope I get to see her and YOU in person sometime soon!
ReplyDeleteThese are such cute pictures! I can't wait to see her! Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures and the videos are priceless. Wish I could be there...working on it! Dana/Mom
ReplyDelete