Tuesday, February 21, 2012

8 weeks

MY BAYBAY!!! (imagine me wailing this in a crazy mom voice). Where is the time going?!
Well, the time is being spent eating, pooping, cooing, dancing with dad to records, smiling at my boob (seriously. it's hilarious), smiling at mom and dad, holding on to a rattle (I think she might be a lefty!), meeting various extended family members, and growing out of her newborn clothes! Lea now weighs somewhere around 9 pounds, and this is the conversation Kyle and I had the other day as we were dressing her:

Kyle: This onesie doesn't fit.
Me: Yes it does. It just shrunk in the wash, and it will stretch out like jeans.
Kyle: Why are you trying to cram our child into clothes that are too small?
Me (wailing): MY BAYBAY IS SO BIG!!
Not really. But it is making me a little sad that there is now a growing pile of clothes in her closet that are too small. And we have discovered something annoying: the difference between newborn and 0-3 month sizes is HUGE, which means she is in a weird in-between stage where she's too long for newborn but swimming in 0-3 months. Oh well  - with parents this short, she should probably get used to clothes not fitting properly :)
Other than that, Lea is getting to be so much fun. I will make any stupid face or voice to make her smile, which she now does on a regular basis.


When I got back from my run today (yep, I am running again!), she smiled and spit her pacifier at me when I came through the door. Oh, and we are using a pacifier now. It's awesome - it really calms her down when she is fussy. I don't like using it too much, but sometimes it's just the thing she needs.
She's getting pretty good at holding her head up, so we started trying out the Bumbo chair. Don't worry - I am really paranoid that she is going to fall and smash her head open with it, so I am very supervisory when she's in it. She is still a little too small for it and slides over anyways, so we've only used it for about a minute or two at a time.
 Notice the grip on the rattle :)

Lea meeting Grandpa Rich and Grandma Shirlee!


 We've also noticed a pretty big jump in her alertness and what I think is her vision - she can see us across the room, and she has started noticing Hadley and more colorful things. She loves when we walk around the house and look at things together.

 And she is also fascinated by our mouths when we are talking - she tries to stick her tongue out and move her mouth too, and she usually comes up with some pretty cute sounds. It's fun having a conversation with her.

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are so sweet! I was just reading a study on how young babies are when they start watching your mouth as well as listening to you to form their words. Love you guys! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww she is SO cute! and already getting so big!

    ReplyDelete