Wednesday, February 8, 2012

6 weeks

Well, it's 4:14 am and I'm up feeding Lea for the 5th time tonight... I think we have begun the six week growth spurt. Oh joy. At least I'm not going back to work this week like I had thought about doing-that would be awful. 

Other than depriving her parents of much-needed sleep, Lea is doing really well. The smiles are for real now; she is usually happiest in the morning, and she spends some time every day cooing, moving her arms and legs around, and giving us some great smiles. It's pretty awesome.
Kyle is pretty much a pro at getting Lea to calm down when she's upset (see previous post). Look at this happy baby . . . and happy daddy!



This is the dress we bought on the day we found out Lea is a girl. It's funny - we rarely get her "dressed," because it's much easier to change the 27 daily diapers when she's wearing onesie footed pajamas. Plus then we don't have to deal with her kicking her socks off all day. But I'm glad I got her dressed today, because this outfit fits perfectly right now, and after this growth spurt I have a feeling she might grow out of a lot of her newborn clothes.

And this week, Lea met her Nana and Aunt Kari:


And Dana and Kari watched Lea so we could go to our friends Ryan and Danielle's wedding!
 It felt GREAT to get dressed up and go out!


 


 And yes, by the end of the night I was wearing galoshes. My shoes were killing my feet . . . and I really didn't care by that point!




2 comments:

  1. great set of pics! I love Lea's rainbow striped tights! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE little Lea's outfits, and I can't believe she is already 6 weeks!!! Where did the time go?! Glad to hear you guys were able to get out for a night, and you're looking great:)

    ReplyDelete