Sunday, August 12, 2012

August in the garden

We've had a great garden season so far. Here are some shots from today:


 Butternut squash and Santa Fe chilies
Tiny green bell peppers starting to come in
The zucchini have been out of control all summer - we have six plants, and clearly one would have been plenty!
 The butternut squash and zucchini plants have kind of outgrown their boundaries . . . 
 The first four tomatoes

...and some fun shots just relaxing on a blanket in the yard. 







3 comments:

  1. I love the pics of you and Lea! and omg, your garden is exploding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of your garden! It's been so hot here, everything of mine has died! I didn't even get a single squash off 2 of my plants. Bummer.

    Can't believe Lea already has 2 teeth! I guess Kenley was behind in everything, as she didn't get her first tooth until 11 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, I love the pictures! I have already filled 1 vege drawer 2X with tomatoes, and picked bell and hot peppers. I LOVE BLT's with fresh tomatoes!!! Lea looks like she's enjoying the summer :-) Love you all! Mom

    ReplyDelete