Thursday, May 10, 2012

18 weeks

I'm in grading hell right now, so here are a few quickie photos and notes:

  • The cold is FINALLY gone (knock on internet wood). Which means no more sleeping in the car seat.
  • Lea has starting blowing spit bubbles, which is both cute and gross at the same time.
  • Related to the bubbles, she's starting to produce more complex and varied sounds, including the letter B. She loves when I sing the alphabet, and always smiles at S and Z.
    • At her 4 month appointment, she weighed 10lb10oz. So small! She's in the 3rd percentile for height, and the 11th percentile for weight. But she's gaining weight steadily, so no need to worry - she's just a tiny nugget.
    • Still in 0-3 month clothes, mostly - the pants are STILL too big. She's starting some 3-6 month clothes, but some won't probably fit for another few weeks.
    • She's rolling all over the place - usually if she wakes in the night, it's  because she has rolled into a corner of her crib and can't figure out how to roll back!
  • I'm noticing more attachment behavior - she cries when we put her down and sometimes just needs to be held. But other times, she loves playing on her own.
  • Her hair is starting to grow back from the lovely bald spot on the back of her head. Still dark brown. And her eyes are still blue, but sometimes look almost grey. I wonder what color they will be in the end.
  • We've started putting her in her high chair when we eat dinner so she gets used to sitting there - we won't start solid foods until she's 6 months, but this is good practice for her. She just plays with her toys while we eat.


2 comments:

  1. I was just looking at the 1st picture of Lea sitting on the couch - what a change! You were 5th percentile, and Liz was never on the charts. No worries! Let's not forget she's just moments away from a belly laugh. And I noticed she loves to give kisses - even more sweet and disgusting than the bubbles :-) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute and so petite! I bet that's nice on your arms...Kenley was 17 lbs at 5 months! But she's always been a chubster.

    Kenley also has that shirt...H&M? But hers didn't have that cute little bow. Our girls are just so fashionable! :)

    Enjoy your first Mother's Day this weekend! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete