Wednesday, January 15, 2014

backyard tree

In our backyard, there's a tree that is very tall, very old, and very dead. We have to get it removed, and soon: it hangs over property lines and our roof and our power lines, and I'm afraid that a powerful storm could knock it over and cause some serious damage.
But I wish we didn't have to. There are remnants of a ladder nailed into the trunk - maybe a kid used to climb this tree decades ago. Lea's swing is attached to one of the branches. And in the summer, one small section still sprouts a few leaves, and I can see them from my bedroom window, and it makes me happy. 

There was a flock of black birds singing up at the top this morning as I walked out to my car. We will just have to plant a new tree for them, when this one is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment