I am proud to say that we came in under the $200 budget (take note, Kyle), and I love how it turned out. I just finished up a couple of details last weekend. It's been pretty much finished for about 2 months, but there are always those end-of-the-project things that linger around for a while. For this room, it was hanging the plant (all I had to do was find a hammer and a nail), and make seven buttonholes for the back of the shower curtain. These took me about 20 minutes to finish total. But now I have a brand-new bathroom that is more functional and not the color of skin, and Kyle is happy that I didn't spend five thousand dollars or make him re-tile the shower. (Though that's a project for down the road . . .)
Here's a couple of before pictures:
A bit of an improvement, I think!
And here's a list of all the things we did:
- painted walls and trim
- made shower curtains
- painted and hung shelves above toilet
- new plant
- new artwork
- added bathroom stool (and painted and stained that)
- recovered bathroom scale
- added glass shelf above sink
- changed out and repositioned hardware
- added towel rack and hanging hooks behind door
So happy to be done!












And, it looks great! Mom
ReplyDelete