Wednesday, January 9, 2013

One year!

Happy birthday, little monster! 
Lea's first birthday was very low-key: I'm going to have to figure out how to muster more energy for a 2-days-after-Christmas birthday in the future!
We went out for lunch with Nana and Aunt Kari, and Uncle Nick and Aunt Liz. And then we had chocolate cupcakes later that evening. 

I made Lea a doll for her birthday - here she is giving it a big hug.
It kind of looks like an alien.
Some stats at one year:
  • 8 teeth: 4 up, 4 down
  • about 10 words: dada, mama, dog, duck, all done, up, ball, owl, hi. 
  • She tries to make "woof" and "meow" sounds when we ask what the dog/cat says. The woof is pretty funny - it's just a "p" sound. F's are hard.
  • 17 pounds, 3 oz at her 1-year appointment. And I can't remember the exact height, but she's in the 0%. Shocker.
  • And in big news, Lea took her first steps all by herself just a few days ago! So she was about a year and a week old. Video to come, of course.



3 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is a year old already!! I can't wait to take pictures of this girl one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures would look good in my photo album...;-) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, sweet Lea! Congrats on walking! How exciting!! -Sarah Higuchi

    ReplyDelete